The City of Brampton is looking for input from the public to help shape and inform a new Strategic Plan, which will guide the evolution, growth and development of the city over the next two decades.
Brampton residents can expect to receive a brochure in the mail soon, which explains the strategic planning process and how to get involved. This brochure is also available for download on the City’s website in 12 different languages.
Bramptonians can offer their feedback online at www.brampton.ca/strategic-plan or via email, Twitter, or by contacting the Mayor and Council. The City will also be hosting five Town Hall meetings in June, which are open to everyone in Brampton.
Strategic planning is about determining the City’s goals and priorities, and developing a roadmap to achieve them. This is an opportunity for residents and businesses to contribute to defining and building the kind of city they want.
The development of the Strategic Plan began with initial research in the form of meetings with community organizations and a telephone survey to learn about the public’s priorities, perceptions and concerns.
From the information collected, the City has identified five Strategic Priorities for Brampton’s future:
· Economic Development Creating jobs, attracting and supporting businesses, and promoting the city to create economic growth.
· Growth Management Investing in infrastructure like roads and transit to build prosperous communities and keep people moving smoothly.
· Environmental Stewardship Preserving Brampton’s natural areas and protecting our environment.
· Community Engagement Connecting with residents to get diverse viewpoints on important issues and let them know what the City is doing.
· Corporate Excellence Providing excellent customer service and prudent financial management.
Comments will be accepted until June 30, 2013. Once all the public feedback has been gathered, a strategic plan document will be created and brought before Brampton City Council for approval this fall.
Wards 1 & 5
Monday, June 17
Century Gardens Recreation Centre, Room 3
Brampton Transit Route 9
Wards 2 & 6
Wednesday, June 5
Jim Archdekin Recreation Centre, Auditorium
Brampton Transit Route 5 to Conestoga
Wards 3 & 4
Tuesday, June 11
South Fletcher’s Sportsplex, Room 2
Brampton Transit Route 52
Wards 7 & 8
Wednesday, June 19
Greenbriar Recreation Centre, Community Room
Brampton Transit Route 12
Wards 9 & 10
Thursday, June 13
Gore Meadows Community Centre and Library, Community Room 2
Brampton Transit Route 50