Amid the disruption of the last 4 weeks, it is wonderful to see so many Board of Trade members helping one another through this pandemic. Thank you for your calls, emails and survey responses. You told us what to prioritize and together, we have achieved a lot. I thought that I’d share a few examples with you. Recently, business people, like you, have used the services of the Board of Trade to:
- find other business people that helped build their confidence during these tough times
- explore ideas to facilitate new product and service delivery models
- learn practical tips on HR, legal and other operational areas from the expert webinar series
- source personal protective equipment for staff, enabling production lines to continue in essential workplaces
- find tips on new technologies for work-at-home
- navigate border protocol to ensure safe and secure return of out-of-country staff
- successfully lobby all governments for property and income tax deferrals to preserve cash flow
- interpret essential workplace legislation to determine eligibility to continue operations
- successfully lobby governments to free up new capital
- encourage commercial landlords to consider payment plans for small businesses
- make donations to William Osler Health Foundation
- the list goes on and on!
And there’s more to do. This newsletter includes a request to complete a national and regional survey. Your participation helps prioritize our business community’s actions as we move from response to recovery mode. Our dedicated team of staff and volunteers couldn’t do this without your annual membership fee, sponsorships and encouragement. I know the volunteers and staff at the Board of Trade appreciate the many kind words and compliments you’ve sent our way. It is a pleasure to serve you and to see such generosity among the business community to one another. Thank you for supporting each other and the Brampton Board of Trade.
Brampton Board of Trade Chair 2020
CHRO, Maple Lodge Farms